It’s Friday, and we’re just going relax our minds and luxuriate in this week’s loved-up, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
* he’s probably one of the more fun action stars to swing through the pop-culture landscape in a minute.
* he believes in helping build his communities and managing wealth.
* he’s got a bachelor’s degree in physiology and criminology.
* he did a few eps of Star Trek: Voyager (not a fan of the show, but enjoyed the idea of his being on there).
* his mom and his maternal grandmom kick ass.
And then…okay, let me spool the story: I attended an event last night celebrating the third anniversary for Black Girls Run. I met Racialicious fan Chyann Sapp and her cohorts Jaylene Clark and Hollis Heath, who are the creative team behind Renaissance In The Belly Of A Killer Whale, a multimedia project about gentrification in Harlem. I said I couldn’t stay too long because I had to write up the Crush post. Chyann was dying to know who it was to be. When I replied Johnson, they all fell silent and shook their heads.
“That is a handsome man,” Chyann said.